Nursing Home Care
Are you worried about an elder in a nursing home not living the life you would like them to? At Allied Aged Care, we specialise in providing high quality nursing home care.
Our allied health professionals (Physiotherapists and Occupational Therapists) have been providing clients with active support in aged care since 2007. We all started working in aged care support because we have a passion for our elders. We are strong advocates for allied health as part of nursing home care to improve the quality of life for older people.
We love hearing about senior’s lives, their stories and providing them with personalized support to ensure them the best quality of life. Our motto at Allied Aged Care is “more care” and we implement this in everything we do, including nursing home care.
- Exercise (group and specialised, individualised exercise programs)
- Falls prevention
- Manual handling training for carers
- Help with mobility issues including gait re-education, balance training, mobility aids prescriptions
- Rehabilitation for neurological conditions such as strokes
- Pre- and post-surgical care
- Aquatic therapy
- Equipment prescription
- ADL assessments, e.g. shower assessments, eating, seating and toilet reviews
- Pain management
- ACFI treatments, assessments, and reviews. We provide great ROI on your allied health investment whilst keeping the highest standards of assessment and care.
- Treatment for clients under 65 years – We are a registered NDIS provider
- Treatment for veterans – We are registered with DVA
- Behavioural assessment and treatment
We aim to save nursing home staff and family time by treating your elders with a minimum of fuss. We bring our own gear, and we are well aware of aged care directions, safety and COVID precautions, documentation requirements, ACFI and different stakeholders and reporting requirements.
Our aim is to make sure no one misses out on allied health due to missing funding. We will always do our best to assist.
Unfortunately, a lot of carers and nursing staff have similar amounts of pain to some of the elders they are treating! We can help nursing home care staff by providing the follow:
- Manual handling training
- Injury prevention education and advice
- Specific injury prevention exercises and techniques – We know aged care and the strains that the work puts on carers and clinical staff as we work in this sector every day
- Ergonomic assessments and workplace modifications
- Staff treatments either onsite or out of work times in clinics or at home
- Workcover treatments – We are registered with Workcover QLD and can also see clients under Medicare (Enhanced primary care scheme)
… and much more.
We can see clients in nursing homes in most regions of QLD, mostly onsite or via telehealth.
If you have an elder or a staff member that needs more care, please let us know and we will ensure to provide nursing home care that suits your and the patient’s needs.